Monday, November 17, 2008

Staying true to the Wedding Establishment?

As I mentioned yesterday, we're in the process of getting our Save the Dates ready for mailing. However, we have given approximately 4 out already. We're telling ourselves we're saving postage, but the truth is that we love our save the dates so much that when people are around us we want to share!

We've handed out STDs that were hand addressed, and sealed...all they were missing was a stamp. They were beautiful, and we loved being able to see the smile on our friends' faces. And today I plan on continuing through the list, hand addressing and stuffing and sealing the rest.

The question is, is it appalling to just "hand" someone a save the date? I try very hard not to give in to ANYTHING the wedding establishment tells me I have to do. It is our wedding, and we can handle things in any way we want, right? Yet there is this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, telling me that people EXPECT to receive their STD in the mail, properly addressed, and if they don't, it just doesn't count. Forget about the fact that I already feel guilty that I'm simply writing out the addresses, and that they're not beautifully printed, or done in calligraphy. But that's just not our style!

I swear, I have the wedding angel and wedding devil permanently perched on my shoulders for most of these decisions. 

And I know that as soon as I see another friend, I'll probably dig through the pile and hand it over. That is our style!    

No comments: